Saturday 4 October 2014

A Letter to the White Boy

Once riding in old Baltimore,
Heart-filled, head-filled with glee,
I saw a Baltimorean
Keep looking straight at me.

Now I was eight and very small,
And he was no whit bigger,
And so I smiled, but he poked out
His tongue, and called me, 'Nigger.'

I saw the whole of Baltimore
From May until December;
Of all the things that happened there
That's all that I remember. 




Countee Cullen





Dear White Boy,

I will call you "honey" since I don't know you name.I was really offended when you call someone Nigger. It is rude and and I would actually slap you if I could but I won’t as slapping you is too troublesome. Now listen, nobody likes to be call names. It is not nice and I believe you feel the same. The 8-year old boy smiled at you and all you could do is poke your tongue out and called him “nigger:
Honey, someone got to teach you some manners around. I am sorry if your parents are doing it but I believe it is natural to smile back if someone smile at you. The boy is scarred by your doing as he could only remember that YOU CALLED HIM NIGGER after the whole trip to Baltimore.
Please don’t do this again. Respect and give others . You will live a happier life
Regards

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment